Smile Innovations - Crown fell off and deceptive practices!

My wife and 3 children went in for the usual cleaning and I had a root canal done.I have a rather fair dental insurance plan through my employer.

I was told to come in for a consultation a week later so when I get to my appointment, the dental assistant basically had me set up for a root canal. I indicated that I was there for a consultation to determine my "out of pocket" costs, etc. I got seated in dental chair and we discussed my cost. The dentist (zafar Tarik) came and and introduced himself and came across as a nice guy and then began to go over the root Canal procedure.

He then said he could complete the entire root Canal in one visit. I agreed and he indicated that my out of picked would be a certain dollar amount w crown included. I left that day and paid almost $4oo dollars on that visit. My crown was ordered and then i get a bill for over 700 dollars for crown.

When I called to speak to the office about bill, the woman who handles front desk began talking in circles stating that this was owed. I asked her why this was not mentioned at my previous visit and the amount was different than was previously agreed upon. I indicated to her that I would come in and pay for permanent crown once it came in and asked her to call me. I waited over a month and got no call.

Shortly after a month went by I started getting call from collection agency (ICS) and then I get collection notice in mail. I called the office to ask about collection and she said she sent it to collection. I was blown away and asked her if this was how they conducted business; furthermore, I asked her if their office practiced these deceptive techniques on a routine basis.

Naturally, she had no logical response to this question.Oh, and while waiting for my permanent crown to come in and collection phone calls and notices coming in mail, my temporary crown fell right off.......NICE dental work zafar Tarik!

Comments

Farmington, Michigan, United States #1260127

I had a similar experience and they are not transparent as it relates to costs and over-priced compared to other dentists.He's incompetent and money grabbing.

Doesn't put his patients interests first.Pure greed!